Friday, May 28, 2010

Nothing says good morning like a POP-TART!


I woke up at 7 am this morning. Why do I do this to myself? I’m always bored during the day- I feel the need to be productive when the sun is out. I only feel entitled to veg in front of the boob-tube when the sun dips down outta sight.

So naturally, with nothing better to do- I want to play cooking.

Mostly Baking. (so good for staying in shape)

But due to the incredible early time of day- I feel like I shouldn’t get started on cakes or cookies just yet. At least give it another- ah- half hour. hah.

But I happen to be browsing tastespotting.com (I’m addicted) and stumble upon a recipe for Homemade pop-tarts!! I didn’t know that was possible. The combination of words “Pop” and “Tart” immediately evokes images of chemicals and genetically altered “foodstuffs” being mass processed in a factory- completely un-replicatable in a home type setting. But leave it to the creative foodies of the world to come up with a healthier, tastier version of these aluminum wrapped atrocities so reminiscent of my childhood.

Follow the link for directions to make your very own brown sugar cinnamon pop-tarts: complete with step-by step pictures!

http://www.salad-in-a-jar.com/family-recipes/homemade-brown-sugar-cinnamon-oatmeal-pop-tarts

I’m still mid- dough stage right now (mildly surprised by how easy this is) but I’ll post a pic when I finish. I have no doubt they’ll be DELICIOUS. Seriously. You can’t go wrong with pie dough and brown sugar.

1 comment: